Colours: Red and green
Territory: from the canal of Marrana following the coast of the Po di Volano up to the railway of Bologna; Via Bologna (both the sides from the bridge of Porta Reno) up to Montalbano, including Chiesuol del Fosso, San Martino, Marrana and neighbouring territories (San Bartolomeo in Bosco is excluded)
Seat: Via Ippodromo, 31 - Phone: 0532/769720
President: Vittorio Trabanelli
The territory of the village started creating itself from one of the first cores born on the branch of the river Po that crossed Ferrara, during the period of construction of the church that has the same name (more or less IX century).
Into the church of San Luca there is still a crucifix that is of the period of the Longobard people; according to a legend, this crucifix arrived into the city by the river in 1182 and was found by the inhabitants of the village. The aim of this settling here was in defence of the city against dangers that arrived in particular from Veneto: during the war against Venezia (famous battle of Polesella, 1512), the act of attact began from this described settling, and the enemy’s navy was destructed.
The enterprise of fence said also of the “sock” – personal Leonello’s coat of arms of and later of his successor Borso – is bonded to reclamation works occurred into the Polesine of Ferrara. The image of the pumpkin enveloped by the “sock” and bonded to the fence, had the function of hydrometer to indicate le level of water to the guardians.
The image is represented over a background coloured in red and green.