Seat: via Mortara, 98
President: Giambaldo Perugini
Massaro: Giambaldo Perugini
It represents the Court of Ferrara during its period of brightest splendour, reached back in 1471, when Marquis Borso first received from Pope Paul II the title of Duke of Ferrara.
The Duke’s Court participation during the days of Palio is not limited to the various historical parades – which are still its main duty – but also includes the collaboration with the eight District Teams (CONTRADA) for exhibitions on special occasions inside and outside the city.
The Court is composed of guards, pageboys, maids and nobles, whose costumes are inspired by the frescoes of Palazzo Schifanoia and many other various paintings of that period.
It plays a major role for what concerns the choreography of the whole event, especially during the parades on the days of the Blessing of the palios